Built in 1867 as the tallest building in St Mary St. Rebuilt taller in the late 1880's to rival the rebuilt market.
Renamed to the Bodega in 1897.
Renamed back to the Borough Arms in 1967
Unusual for a main street pub, it has 2 armchairs outside on the pavement, this is a famous, long, narrow pub, reaching back to a pool table.
It attracts local traders, especially for food, along with mature regulars by day and all sorts at evenings and the weekend.
They retain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere as a rare privately owned pub.
Discos are hel on Fridays and Saturdays.
Wheelchair customers are welcome, but there is no access to toilets (down stairs).